sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Re: Delete key from keyserver

From: Yaron Minsky
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Re: Delete key from keyserver
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 07:36:58 -0400

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 3:09 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
Granted this could be mitigated if only 'trusted introducers' (TI)  are able to add deletion tokens ( but as long as the protocol is open, this, itself, would require a lot of thought on implementation. E.g by adding an element to the key to be deleted that is signed by the TI.

I think it would be a mistake to implement deletion in the way I described without some notion of trusted introducers.  And that should I think be implemented by having a set of keys that the full network trusts to introduce deletions.  As I said, there is real work getting the code to make this happen, and also doing the social work of choosing the trusted sources.