sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Re: COnfiguring new SKS keyserver

From: prasanth kumar
Subject: [Sks-devel] Re: COnfiguring new SKS keyserver
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 04:13:33 +0000 (UTC)

Prasanth Thandra <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> dont mind about the full story i am giving below,
>
> My aim is to implement e-mail encryption on RHEL4 (sendmail). First i want to
do it only to the intranet mails( later i will extend it to internet mails
also).

> As a first step i configured MAIL-SERVER on RHEL4. Then
>
> I have recently configured  GNUPG to encrypt e-mail messages.
>
> Now i decided to configure SKS keyserver on the same machine, But for time
being as a standalone keyserver which serves only on the intranet. (later i
want to make it sync with the rest of the world)

> i have downloaded RPM, sks-1.1.1-2.el4....rpm, and installed it
>
> i have added
> hostname:localhost  & sendmail_cmd: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -oi root <at>
localhost
> in sksconf of /etc/sks/

>  have no clue regarding how to configure sks to act as a standalone keyserver
> currently the following command
>
> #gpg --keyserver sks://localhost --send-key 122AD123

this is prasanth again ... it seams that the above command has a little fault

#gpg --keyserver hkp://localhost --send-key 122AD123

i changed sks to hkp now --send-keys KEYID & --recv-keys KEYID are working fine

> gpg: unable to execute program "gpgkeys_sks": No such file or directorygpg:
WARNING: nothing exportedgpg: no handler for keyserver scheme "sks"gpg:
keyserver send failed: keyserver error