sks-devel

[Sks-devel] new keyserver

From: Botka Istvan
Subject: [Sks-devel] new keyserver
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 10:22:01 +0100 (CET)

Hello!

I'm planning to set up a new public keyserver. I have some questions before starting.

I downloaded/compiled/installed sks from Savannah. The dump download, and db build is done.

What is the resource requirements a keyserver. As I see the db is now ~5.5G. It is not problem up to ~10G permament and ~20G temporary.

But I don't know anything about the CPU and bandwith requirements. I have to know some data about before I start the server.

The server is located at Hungary, connected to the HBONE (National Academic Backbone Network). The site connection will be upgraded to 1 Gbit/s in this year. (But the server only have a FastEthernet interface).

What is the administration way the set up the synchron peers?

---
By(t)e & 73! dx de Boti & (hg4lgn, ex:hg8lgn)
A member of HuLUG                     http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/linux