sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Re: unsynchronized (2005-01-11): pks.gpg.cz, sks.keyserv

From: Jason Harris
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Re: unsynchronized (2005-01-11): pks.gpg.cz, sks.keyserver.penguin.de, gnupg.jccc.net
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:50:35 -0500

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 12:16:31AM +0100, Roman Pavlik wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 12:29:15PM -0500, Jason Harris wrote:

> > Looking at http://pgp.srv.ualberta.ca/cgi-bin/sksnet , I see that
> > pks.gpg.cz and sks.keyserver.penguin.de aren't currently synchronized.

> > Admins (CC'd), are you able to determine what is preventing "sks recon"
> > from synchronizing?
>
> Unfortunatelly, database on pks.gpg.cz is corrupted. From log.recon:
>  Raising Sys.Break -- PTree may be corrupted: Failure("remove_from_node:
>  attempt to delete non-existant element from prefix tree")
>
> Unfortunatelly, I don't know why. :-((
>
> pks.gpg.cz is down now, I'm dumping database... I'll upgrade sks to
> 1.0.9 and rebuild database from dump. Hope pks.gpg.cz will be back
> tomorrow.

The first thing to do for PTree problems is to remove ./PTree/ and then
rebuild just that database/environment using (from sks_build.sh):

  sks pbuild -cache 20 -ptree_cache 70

However, if you didn't have ./KDB/subkeyid, you didn't support lookups
for subkey keyids, but you can build that db separately with later
versions of SKS without rebuilding all ./KDB/ databases.  Of course,
I'm pretty sure you'd want to force a "sks cleandb" as well, but doing
this too should still be faster than rebuilding everything from a keydump.

Still, I see no reason why this particular error needs to be fatal.  Yaron?

--
Jason Harris           |  NIC:  JH329, PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed, isn't it?
address@hidden _|_ web:  http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/