sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] debian woody/stable?

From: Peter Palfrader
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] debian woody/stable?
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:34:46 +0100

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, M. Drew Streib wrote:

> Has anyone had success installing any recent sks on debian/woody? I'd
> really like to give it a try (I run pksd now on us.pgp.net), but
> like many/most keyserver operators, I don't run bleeding edge operating
> systems.
>
> Any backports? :)

keyserver.noreply.org is running on something that resembled woody at
one point in time.

Fabbione and I have a (not-finished) debian package of sks.  To run it
on stable you need libdb4.1 and db4.1-util which can be found on [1] for
instance.  You also need a newer libgmp3 and the sks package itself,
both of which I have backports of.

If you actually want to build it yourself, you also need ocaml,
ocaml-nums, cryptokit and numerix from unstable, which might depend on
newer dephelper and stuff (updated dephelper backports are available
somewhere).

The source of the package is in subversion:
https://svn.clearairturbulence.org/debian-sks/trunk/sks/

Let me know if you rather get the binary packages.

And - just to say it once more - they are not finished yet, they are
highly experimental.  And documentation doesn't exist either.

1. deb http://people.debian.org/~cjwatson/subversion-woody/ ./
Peter
    messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal