screen-devel

[screen-devel] [bug #52485] lock on /etc/utmp on AiX > 6100-09-07-1614

From: anonymous
Subject: [screen-devel] [bug #52485] lock on /etc/utmp on AiX > 6100-09-07-1614
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 15:09:03 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #52485 (project screen):

I can confirm the something is up with screen and AIX. I expereinced it this
morning after starting screen and then putting my laptop to sleep only to find
10mins later then no on could login to the AIX Server

Details:
MAINTENANCE LEVEL:      7100-04
SERVICEPACK LEVEL:      7100-04-04-1717

Screen version from AIX_Toolbox
screen                          ppc                          3.9.10-2
                   @AIX_Toolbox

As root a screen is started then forcibly disconnect from it. At that point
AIX can not spawn a new terminal. You can get as far ssh prompting you for
password but you can not get a shell. (Thankfully I recovered access with ftp
and rsh).

Once the screen process was killed login was possible again. I see nothing in
alog or /var/log/system that would give any hint of an error.

-Mike

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52485>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/