scim-user

[Scim-user] Smart Pinyin in Traditional Chinese

From: Thian-Peng Ter
Subject: [Scim-user] Smart Pinyin in Traditional Chinese
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:50:29 -0400

Hi! I notice that when you type Traditional Chinese using Smart Pinyin,
it doesn't always give you the correct phrase. Sometimes, we won't able
to find a particular chinese character. For example,

(Please view in Big5 mode)
1) You won't find 著 (zhe) in Traditional Chinese mode.
2) Try typing "zhe yang" in Traditional Chinese mode, it won't show you
a word that makes sense.

For the first problem, I thought it might be that I'm not using a Big5
font. I switched to a big5 font in the scim-setup Panel->gtk
configuration, it doesn't help.

For the second problem, it really makes me inconvenient because there
are a lot of words that don't show properly. Is it because the pinyin
module is designed for GBK?

Thanks!