[Savannah-register-public] [task #14528] Submission of relax

From: Ineiev
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14528] Submission of relax
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 11:55:56 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #40, task #14528 (project administration):

Yes, I think that was an improvement (I'd rewrapped the text to something like
70 characters per line or less, but that isn't crucial).

Now,
https://www.rcsb.org/pdb/static.do?p=general_information/about_pdb/policies_references.html
doesn't say the data are exactly public domain, it says that the original
authors should be attributed. Further, the Advisory Notice
<https://www.rcsb.org/pdb/static.do?p=general_information/about_pdb/pdb_advisory.html>
says something controversial:

"The user assumes all responsibility for insuring that intellectual property
claims associated with any data set deposited in the PDB archive are honored.
It should be understood that the PDB data files do not contain any information
on intellectual property claims with the exception in some cases of a
reference for a patent involving the structure."

I'm not sure how this matches the statement that "Data files contained in the
PDB archive (ftp://ftp.wwpdb.org) are free of all copyright restrictions and
made fully and freely available for both non-commercial and commercial use."

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14528>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/