savannah-hackers-public

Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] sv_cleaner on mgt0

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] sv_cleaner on mgt0
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 14:26:20 -0700

Ineiev wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > I would guess that due to the distance from the crontab to the config
> > file that when things were moved around from the old servers to the
> > new servers that it was simply never enabled on mgt0.  Not only were
> > things moved from old mgt to mgt0 but also from old internal to mgt0
> > too.
>
> Yes; deleted groups haven't been cleared since 2009.

Well...  That predates the server move by a lot.  The main server move
was December 2016 - January 2017.  In which case I really have no idea
about it.  It would have been disabled during the previous
administration.

If it hasn't been running since 2009 then whatever it is doing will
need to be understood all over again.

> > Please do enable the cron task.  And any other cron task that might be
> > in the same situation.
>
> I think I'll remove all that isn't obviously needed from the script
> and enable it; probably I'll leave only clearing pending accounts
> and deleted groups.

Sounds good to me.

Bob