savannah-hackers-public

Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Fwd: GNU Elpa not reachable (possibly OT)

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Fwd: GNU Elpa not reachable (possibly OT)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 22:38:54 -0700

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Yes.  But we over here for Savannah don't have anything to do with
> > Emacs ELPA.  Have no access to the elpa.gnu.org system.  I don't even
> > know who those responsible would be.  I can only refer to the project
> > page.
> >
> >   https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/emacs
> >
> > That lists the expected people for Emacs.  That's the best I can
> > suggest and all I know about.  Although perhaps others on the list
> > might know more details about Emacs ELPA.
>
> ELPA is git.savannah.gnu.org/srv/git/emacs/elpa.

That is almost a valid path for cloning, missing a colon after the
hostname.  Then it would work for ssh access from a registered user
that is also a member of a project group.

  git clone git.savannah.gnu.org:/srv/git/emacs/elpa
  ...works okay...

But the report talked about elpa.gnu.org not git.savannah.gnu.org:

> > > error in process filter: Error retrieving:
> > > https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/archive-contents (error http 400)

For the elpa git repository access it would be one of these paths:

  git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/elpa.git
  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/elpa.git
  ssh://git.savannah.gnu.org:/srv/git/emacs/elpa.git

And for the web cgit UI this path:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/elpa.git/

All of those are working okay for me.  Is there a problem with any of
those paths for you?  We can help with any of those.

The reported problem was about elpa.gnu.org and we (I at least) do not
have access to that system.  It is administered completely separately
from Savannah.  I don't know who has control of it.  [[ I am a sucker
for volunteered punishment though.  I would be happy to help with it
if someone got me a login on it. :-) ]]

Bob