[Savannah-dev] Straw installation and Tutorial?

From: Benjamin Sher
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Straw installation and Tutorial?
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 05:22:56 -0600

Dear Straw:

1) I've downloaded the latest Straw tarball 0.22. NO problem with dependencies. Xandros 2.0/Debian took care of all that. In fact, I can easily install Straw 0.19.2, but I would like to install the latest 0.22 version by recompiling the tarball. However, I don't have a clue as to how to do this. I don't see a "configure", "make" or "make install". Obviously, things are done differently with Straw and Python. Could you please provide precise details on how to install Straw?

2) Where in the world can I find a tutorial on Straw? A User's Tutorial on how to use RSS in Straw. I've searched using Google, and all i've come up with is a "tutorial" for installing Straw as rpm. I need a User's Guide to RSS and how to use it in Straw.

Thank you.

Benjamin Sher
address@hidden