[Savannah-dev] Re: savane

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Re: savane
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:21:20 +0100

Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> tapota :

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know the relationship between Savannah and savane: are
> the two projects separate, or will one merge with the other?

Savane is the continuation of the program Savannah. The change of the
name is just a way to avoid confusion between Savannah, the
development platform at savannah.gnu.org, and the program it runs.

It has been created at Gna! because Savannah at that time was not
providing the services the development of Savane required.

We gladly incitate Savannah, the development platform, to use
Savane. I did not installed Savane myself at Savannah because I do not
want to mess with the changes I'am not familiar with made on the
program running there.

I see no point in making a fork of Savane so we welcome people that
dedicate time to Savannah to get the changes they may need to be
integrated in Savane. Naturally, the way to go is not to include
site-specific workaround inside the code, but long run improvements.

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |