[Savannah-dev] [bug #2798] Support UI Enhancement:Newest First, and Sear

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [bug #2798] Support UI Enhancement:Newest First, and Search on Self
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 05:23:56 -0500

=================== BUG #2798: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=2798&group_id=11

Changes by: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
Date: sam 08.11.2003 à 11:23 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Wont Fix
         Assigned to | yeupou                    | None
              Status | Open                      | Closed

I'm not convinced by the idea of printing a reverse order by default: in many
case, it can be interested to have first item that are pending for years.

As noticed by Laurent Julliar, using the sort system to have data in reverse
order should enough in most case.

So I close this bug, however you are welcome to resubmit it if it is possible
to provide use cases that make obvious that we need to change the default
behavior.

=================== BUG #2798: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Signalé par: hattons                  Projet: Savannah
Signalé le: mer 12.03.2003 à 10:53
Category:  Wishlist                   Severity:  1 - Enhancement
Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Closed
Fixed Release:

Original Submission:  Newest first:
If I search on 'any' && 'any' && 'any', I get hundreds of hits.  They are
displayed oldest first.  This is rarely what I want.  I typically want to see
the most recent requests. I therefore suggest modifying the script that returns
results to display the most recently submitted request first. Perhaps even
sorting on most recently assigned, closed, modified, etc. might be useful.

Search on Self:
I wanted to see a request I submitted, but did not find a way to search for my
own requests.  Perhaps the user picklist could have a 'self' item which would
search by the current user's ID.

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: mer 14.05.2003 à 23:45        By: ljulliar
yes that's an option. Or why not simply activate the colum headings and let
them trigger a sort operation when you click on it?

Date: mer 14.05.2003 à 23:34        By: yeupou
I assume you are talking about the savannah search tool on bugs.

"They are displayed oldest first. This is rarely what I want. I typically want
to see the most recent requests"

The problem is we cannot be sure that most of the users want most recently
registered software/bugs to be printed first. Because this search tool is used
by several different area.

Maybe we should add a "reverse order" checkbox? What do you think?

La liste CC est vide

Il n'y a aucun fichier attaché actuellement

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=2798&group_id=11

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/