[Savannah-dev] [bug #5522] cvs mail does not work

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [bug #5522] cvs mail does not work
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 06:20:24 -0400

=================== BUG #5522: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=5522&group_id=11

Changes by: Vincent Caron <address@hidden>
Date: Thu 09/25/2003 at 12:20 (Europe/Paris)

Sorry, this issue was an unexpected side effect of a maintenance operation, and
I swear we tried to fix it as soon as we saw the first bug report related to
it. You were personally CC'ed with another phpgroupware admin with an e-mail
identical to the Savannah news roughly 48h after this first bug report. Since
'only' 30 projects out of 1900 are using commit scripts, this was not
classified 'emergency issue'.

=================== BUG #5522: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: ceb                     Project: Savannah
Submitted on: Wed 09/24/2003 at 01:46
Category:  CVS                        Severity:  5 - Average
Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Closed
Fixed Release:

Original Submission:  while a cvs commit a get the error msg:

sh: /cvsroot/phpgroupware/CVSROOT/syncmail: /usr/bin/python: bad interpreter:
Permission denied

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: Thu 09/25/2003 at 04:47       By: skwashd
Fixed it, I found the news item.  A side issue, the new was posted 3 days after
the problem started, some warning for these types of changed would be
appreciated, to make everyone's life a little easier.

Cheers

Date: Wed 09/24/2003 at 22:37       By: skwashd
Please reopen this one.  Since we started using savannah we have had this
script emailing a list so we can track cvs commits.  This is a very important
tool for us.  We current have over 25 people with cvs commit rights, and plan
to add more in the near future.  Without this feature, we would have to run cvs
diffs everyday and then check the log to see who commited the changes, if there
is a problem.

Cheers

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)

phpGroupWare

Date: Wed 09/24/2003 at 08:19       By: yeupou
It is not allowed to run software uploaded via the CVS on the server.

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=5522&group_id=11