[Savannah-dev] [bug #4247] include/i18n.php is not aware of the locale i

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [bug #4247] include/i18n.php is not aware of the locale installation dir
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:18:08 -0400

=================== BUG #4247: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=4247&group_id=11

Changes by: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
Date: jeu 11.09.2003 à 16:18 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
                  CC | address@hidden      |

=================== BUG #4247: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Soumis par: aacosta                   Projet: Savannah
Signalé le: mer 09.07.2003 à 14:38
Category:  Web Interface              Severity:  1 - Enhancement
Assigned to:  yeupou                  Status:  Closed
Fixed Release:

Original Submission:  The locale install directory should be stored during
installation, for instance in a config file variable named sys_localeroot.

Something like  bindtextdomain ("savannah", $sys_localeroot); should then be
added to include/i18n.php.

Otherwise internationalization wont work if the locale installation dir  isn't
/usr/share/locale (/usr/local/share/localein my case)

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: jeu 11.09.2003 à 15:25        By: None
At the date I reported the bug, "configure" script asked

about where I would like to install the .po files:

Where should we install i18n files?

ex: /usr/share/locale

ex: /usr/local/share/locale

[/usr/share/locale]:

Now, tell me, whats the point of asking that if include/i18n.php will only work
if I answer  /usr/share/locale?

I answered the second of the _suggestions_ (/usr/local/share/locale), but
include/i18n.php wasnt

aware of that (using bindtexdomain as I suggested

would solve the problem).

This bug shouldn't be closed before deciding whether

removing that question from configure or include/i18n.php

is fixed.

Date: mer 10.09.2003 à 12:03        By: yeupou
Hum, maybe you should set up your system to consider /usr/local/share/locale as
a path of i18n, it would be easier than adding a bindtextdomain which may at a
later time something that broke an installation.

Basically, a system set up to install things in /usr/local should have path
according to that (for instance, if you shell $PATH environment value is not
set for /usr/local/bin, it's pretty problematic to get binaries in
/usr/local/bin).

So I'm not whether it's something we have to change in Savannah. In doubt, I
close the report. But a report can be reopened if there are good reasons to see
things differently.

La liste CC est vide

Il n'y a aucun fichier attaché actuellement

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=4247&group_id=11

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/