[Savannah-dev] lawton v. savannah

From: NATE SNOW
Subject: [Savannah-dev] lawton v. savannah
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 15:38:16 -0500

sorry, I'm lost by this fork in development. You'd think that if I'm this lost I wouldn't want jump into installing something this early in the development cycle, but you know what, I've got nothing to lose-- except 300 dollars buying vmware, hehe

alright, on your site you said something about lawton switching his lightweight version to mit liscensing

ok, I see two diff versions, one on freshmeat and one on sourceforge-- both have lgpl liscenses: which is also kind of confusing because I figured the names might have changed slightly (plexLight/plex86 or something?) to avoid confusion, esp with them both being on osdn sites?

I don't know, could you just clear up the mess for me? Are they both lgpl, and is one in a diff stage than the others? Your site says alpha, the lawton version looks like it's just his code right now in a very, very early stage.

anyways, lots of rambling.  Thanx for any help you can provide

Nathan Snow