[Savannah-dev] [Bug #2117] Jobs from closed, but not deleted project vi

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #2117] Jobs from closed, but not deleted project visible but inaccessible
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 06:16:01 -0500

=================== BUG #2117: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=2117&group_id=11

Changes by: Lord of the Files <address@hidden>
Date: 2003-Jan-06 11:16 (GMT)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
         Assigned to | None                      | yeupou

=================== BUG #2117: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: nikodemus                 Project: Savannah
Submitted on: 2003-Jan-03 01:49
Category:  None                         Severity:  3 - Ordinary

Original Submission:  Case: The Y Kernel project is in an intermediary status,
over, but not completely deleted. Job from this project
(title "kernel developer") is visible on the jobs page, but
cannot be accessed.

Similarly the old project page cannot be accessed, but does
not give a reasonable message, but complains of insufficent
groups access.

Apparently (?) this would apply to all similar cases as well.

IMHO the correct behaviour would be to

a) have a page that informs of the projects fate in place of
the old project page, since people link to these pages
from outside savannah anyways, and "quiet disappearances"
look a bit suspicious ... ;)

b) delete jobs listed by closed projects

The relevant urls are:
 * https://savannah.nongnu.org/people/viewjob.php?group_id=1794&job_id=70
 * https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/ykernel/
 * https://savannah.gnu.org/people/?category_id=1

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: 2003-Jan-04 16:32             By: ricard
I have a similar issue:

1) I created 2 tasks (1050 and 1051) for the Flaxornoflax project
(http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/flaxornoflax/), and assigned them to
myself.

2) I think that I deleted the 2 tasks and turned off the task manager.

3) Issue: The 2 tasks are still under My Tasks on My Personal Page, but are
inaccessible ("Error: This Project Has Turned Off The Task Manager").

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=2117&group_id=11