samizdat-devel

Re: Snapshot: 2007-02-18

From: Dmitry Borodaenko
Subject: Re: Snapshot: 2007-02-18
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:21:40 +0000

On 2/18/07, boud <address@hidden> wrote:
> Status of other outstanding issues:
> - calendar: at a quick glance, the design seems to be too intrusive, I
> need more time to have a good look at it and see what can be done
> about it
> - rss-import: I still need to refactor message handling so that this
> can be done in a cleaner way

Just a quick comment to avoid any misunderstandings: i will NOT be
offended at all if you completely rewrite my "feature patches" from
scratch. (...)

I know :) And even if it were not the case, I wouldn't make technical
decisions affecting thousands of users around the world based on
personalities (as opposed to technical merit) of individial
developers.

The reason I'm making such a slow progress with integrating your
patches (in case of rss-import, I'm almost sure integrating will
involve rewriting at least 80%) is: a) sheer lack of time free from
day job and family; b) time wasted on Nitro and Rails; c) major design
problems with Resource class and the way it interacts with Message and
Template. I hoped I could do away with (c) completely by succeeding at
(b), but this plan failed. Now I'm doing slow and careful refactoring
instead.

--
Dmitry Borodaenko