samizdat-devel

Re: ruby as slow scripting language vs java?

From: vern
Subject: Re: ruby as slow scripting language vs java?
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:37:59 +0000

ola
Em Qua, 2005-08-31 às 11:30 +0300, Dmitry Borodaenko escreveu:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 10:11:30PM +0200, boud wrote:
> > Definitely,
> > http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/samizdat/samizdat/doc/design-goals.txt?rev=1.99
> > i extremely enticing.
>
> It should be: before starting Samizdat, I spent a lot of time gathering
> all kinds of possible requirements and wishlists for an IMC engine.
> Basically, design-goals.txt includes everything that people wanted from
> an ideal codebase back in 2002, plus some of my own ideas on top.

after presenting samizdat at whatthehack i got speaking to Marc ..the
guy who wrote Indyvoter/flexomatic http://www.flexomatic.net/ which is
an open source social networking software...it seems this uses redland
as its rdf store.
We were sort of thinking about trying to merge the two applications. If
you think this is a good idea maybe we can add it to the design-goals
and start to flesh out a working plan tabout how we can implement this
abracos
Ian