repo-criteria-discuss

LibreJS (was Re: CodeBerg addition)

From: Jing Luo
Subject: LibreJS (was Re: CodeBerg addition)
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2024 17:43:46 +0900

Hello,

I'm glad to see CodeBerg passes so many criteria, but on the other hand, the libreJS issue [1] may not be resolved for the foreseeable future because of the technical difficulty originated from upstream ("Gitea"): the lead maintainer says it's not possible for Forgejo to generate the tags for librejs to recognize them, which means Codeberg would not satisfy criteria C0.0 and B0 for a long time. Is there anyone on this list who can help with this issue? I see on software/repo-criteria.html it says "contact Mike Gerwitz at <mtg@gnu.o> for help", is this info up to date?

I myself plan to use Forgejo to host a website for free software, that's why I'm eager to see this resolved (although I'm not a good programmer...)

Or, do you (the people on this list) consider changing the criteria C0.0 to something like "the javascript should be free but it doesn't have to be librejs compliant"? As you can see it's a challenge for some senario...

[1] https://codeberg.org/forgejo/forgejo/issues/1654

--
Jing Luo
About me: https://jing.rocks/about/