Is it safe to backup different files from a folder to the same target?

From: Илья Палий
Subject: Is it safe to backup different files from a folder to the same target?
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 22:44:17 +0300

Peace and love, folks!

I plan to backup some files from ‘/home’ daily, and some other files there with
a separate backup command, weekly.
Is it safe to send both backups to the same backup directory?
For example,

/home/alex/.bashrc — backup daily.
/home/alex/.mozilla/firefox/something.default-backup — backup weekly.

From the point of view of files, the same source root (/home/alex) and the same
target directory should work alright.

But I don’t know how other things work during backup — indexing or increments
or something, so I’m not sure it won’t break anything when the same folder
would be updated at different times with different files.

Is it OK?

Thank you very much for your work and help :).