VMware on Qemu & nested / AMD-V implementation is incompatible....

From: lejeczek
Subject: VMware on Qemu & nested / AMD-V implementation is incompatible....
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 11:42:35 +0100

Hi guys.

There is something in sroogle results, in general, about this here:

Task failed on server: This host supports AMD-V, but the AMD-V implementation is incompatible with VMware ESX.
Installer log files are located at /tmp/vcsaUiInstaller

This errors out when I try to deploy vCenter (which is a VM thus any VM should fail this way too).
I thought no better way/place than here to ask - if a question is: if possible how/what to tweak to "fix" this.

I read that Proxmoz with some newer kernels should handle this - but I'm not about Proxmox, of course - so I thought KVM/Qemu perhaps to can do.

many thanks, L.