Re: Invalid accelerator kvm / error: kvm run failed Function not impleme

From: Валентин
Subject: Re: Invalid accelerator kvm / error: kvm run failed Function not implemented ERRORS trying to virtualize a guest OS on the ARM Chromebook running with a relatively recent kernel version and KVM enabled
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 02:33:12 +0300

> Which version of qemu are you using ?

Version 5.1, aarch64 (but I tried 32-bit virt machine too, so it should work with qemu-system-arm).

So far I've tried to boot with 64-bit EFI bios (https://packages.debian.org/sid/misc/qemu-efi-aarch64) from rEFInd project's CD: https://sourceforge.net/projects/refind/files/ (look for refind-cd-*.zip).

It boots.
You are using 32-bit machine and emulator, therefore you won't be able to boot it because the CD only contains Aarch64 loader.
But you could see the content of CD in EFI shell even with 32 bits, it displays mounted CD and filesystem as "FS0:".

But I'm not sure that it's possible to make CD iso from SD image.

With best regards,
Valentine.