Re: Qemu-discuss Digest, Vol 110, Issue 22

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Qemu-discuss Digest, Vol 110, Issue 22
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 09:25:24 +0000

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 at 05:34, Weiss, Howard <Howard.Weiss2@hologic.com> wrote:

> The driver I am working with is patterned on a driver described in "
> How-to-develop-embedded-software-using-the-QEMU-machine-emulator-by-Apriorit".
>   It uses SHA256 routines so I need to be able to build my driver with
> openssl.

That's why this is failing. You don't want to directly call
openssl routines, because QEMU isn't necessarily linked against
openssl. Have a look at the qcrypto* functions, which abstract
away the differences between the various possible backends
(nettle, gnutls, gcrypt) that QEMU might be using.

thanks