qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Announcing GSoC and Outreachy 2019 internships

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Announcing GSoC and Outreachy 2019 internships
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 20:18:49 +0000

Dear QEMU, KVM, and Jailhouse communities,
QEMU is once again participating in Google Summer of Code and
Outreachy this year! These open source internship programs offer
full-time remote work opportunities for talented new developers
wishing to get involved in our community.

Each intern works with one or more mentors who support them in their
project. Code is submitted according to QEMU’s normal development
process, so that the intern gains experience in open source software
development.

If you are interested in contributing to QEMU through a paid 12-week
internship from May to August 2019, take a look at our GSoC page and
our Outreachy page for more information:
https://wiki.qemu.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2019
https://wiki.qemu.org/Outreachy_2019_MayAugust

Both GSoC and Outreachy have eligibility criteria, which you can review here:
https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/faq#what_are_the_eligibility_requirements_for_participation
https://www.outreachy.org/apply/eligibility/

You can read about projects that were completed in 2018 here:
https://www.qemu.org/2019/01/23/internships-wrapup/

These internships are generously funded by Google (GSoC) and Red Hat
(Outreachy).

Stefan