qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-block] Guest unresponsive after Virtqueue size ex

From: Fernando Casas Schössow
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-block] Guest unresponsive after Virtqueue size exceeded error
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 15:48:02 +0000

You can find the the information here:
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Creating_an_Alpine_package

For your convenience, I can setup an Alpine VM and give you SSH access with the
build environment and the aports tree already setup.
Then summary steps in case you want to try on your own container/VM would be:

1- Setup the build environment as described in the wiki.
2- Clone aports tree: git clone https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports
3- Go into the qemu package directory directory in aports tree: cd
aports/main/qemu
4- Run: abuild clean checksum unpack prepare deps build

This would get you the binary built.
If you need to add a patch. Create the patch file add it to the APKBUILD file
and then run "abuild checksum" to compute it's checksum and add it to the
APKBUILD file.

abuild quick ref:

abuild clean: Remove temp build and install dirs
abuild unpack: Unpack sources to \$srcdir
abuild checksum: Generate checksum to be included in APKBUILD
abuild prepare: Apply patches
abuild deps: Install packages listed in makedepends and depends
abuild build: Compile and install package into $pkgdir

Once finished to clean up everything run: abuild undeps clean

Thanks.

Fernando