qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] did the qemu can emulate the whole system with the proc

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] did the qemu can emulate the whole system with the processor that without support the "virtulization and kvm"?
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 12:31:09 +0000

tugouxp <address@hidden> writes:

> hi folks:
>      did the qemu can emulate the whole system(such as ubuntu) with
>      the processor that without support the "virtulization and kvm"?

I don't quite follow your question. However if you are asking about the
cross-architecture emulation (usually called TCG) the features of the
processor depend on how complete the front-end is.

So you can for example boot an aarch64 system under emulation that can
itself run KVM guests (because we implement EL0/1/2/3). However you
the system can't currently use VHE extensions because the support for
that has yet to be added.

What is your use-case?

--
Alex Bennée