qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Booting Raspbian on RPi emulation

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Booting Raspbian on RPi emulation
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 03:14:53 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, Ben Hekster via Qemu-devel wrote:
While the crashing has stopped, the window isn't responsive to keystrokes. This includes the frame buffer emulation itself (so I can't actually log in)

I'm not sure that's supposed to work. I could be wrong but I think USB is not emulated yet so likely no keyboard is attached that you could type with. The framebuffer is emulated so you can see output but only way to input is via serial if I'm not mistaken. That's what works for me.

as well as the QEMU Monitor; nothing I type has any effect in either.

The monitor view should work though. Does it work without the patches? If you start with "qemu-system-arm -M raspi2 -S" you can probably try it before it crashes.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan