qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [TCG SIMD] 128 bit SIMD support in the TCG backend

From: Ancuta, Cristian
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [TCG SIMD] 128 bit SIMD support in the TCG backend
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 14:37:55 +0000

Hi,

Hope this is the right place for this question.

I was wondering whether the TCG i386 backend is currently able to generate SIMD
code ( vector loads/store, moves, vector arithmetic, etc ).

Looking around on patchwork I found these patches:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/qemu-devel/list/?submitter=172151

They seem to implement the vector support that I'd be interested in (including
support for tcg_gen_qemu_<ld/st>_v128 ) but I guess the patches didn't make it
into any stable version?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.