qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Hosted CI for FreeBSD - Cirrus CI

From: Ed Maste
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Hosted CI for FreeBSD - Cirrus CI
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 15:43:07 -0500

I'd very much like to have CI coverage for QEMU on FreeBSD, and as of
yesterday there's a hosted CI service that supports FreeBSD: Cirrus
CI. They also offer free service for OSS projects. I created a
.cirrus.yml (shown below) in a QEMU GitHub fork and successfully
executed a build test.

I can submit a patch to add the config file, but wanted to ask for
advice or comments from those who set up the existing Linux CI first.
Is there anything I should be aware of or should address? Although
this is a very basic build / test I believe it will prove quite
valuable in reducing the latency between a commit and finding an issue
on FreeBSD.

.cirrus.yml:
freebsd_instance:
  image: freebsd-12-0-rc3-amd64

env:
  CIRRUS_CLONE_DEPTH: 1

task:
  install_script: pkg install -y git glib gmake perl5 pixman pkgconf
  script:
    - mkdir build
    - cd build
    - ../configure || { cat config.log; exit 1; }
    - gmake
    - gmake check