qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] No more chameleon devices

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] No more chameleon devices
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 15:48:32 +0100

On 18 October 2018 at 15:45, Marcel Apfelbaum
<address@hidden> wrote:
> PCIe machines support PCI devices while PCI machines do not support
> PCIe devices.
>
> I think users of the PCI machines would benefit from having a clear list of
> supported devices, rather than have to find out if their device
>  1. Is a hybrid device - QEMU will 'make' it PCI/PCIe
>  2. Is a PCIe device - would not work on a PCI machine
>  3. Is a PCI device - all good

Ah, I see. So, today, of all the devices labelled as "pci" which
QEMU has, how many of them are in which of those categories?
(I guess I'm mostly interested in whether what we have is
mostly really-PCI devices with one or two PCIe devices, or
if we're currently (mis-)modelling some PCIe devices as hybrid.)

thanks
-- PMM