qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/42] Block patches

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/42] Block patches
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 16:14:30 +0200

Am 01.10.2018 um 15:03 hat Peter Maydell geschrieben:
> On 28 September 2018 at 15:36, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I'm finding that test-bdrv-drain hangs intermittently on my OSX host.
>
> Ping? Between this and test-replication I'm finding that my
> parallel build tests for merges are failing about 50% of the
> time :-(

Sorry, there wasn't much more than a weekend between your report and
now.

For the replication one, I think we can just take the AioContext lock in
the test case while we decide how the API should really be used. I'll
prepare a fix for that (and hopefully I'll be able to reproduce the
problem reliably enough to verify the fix).

Max said he could reproduce some hang in test-bdrv-drain (though we
don't know if this has anything to do with your OS X hang, which looked
rather odd) and would look into it, but I don't think we know the
problem yet. I'll try to reproduce that one after fixing the replication
test.

> If there's no immediate sign of a fix, could we disable these tests?

I hope we don't have to, though it depends on your definition of
immediate. :-)

Kevin