protux-devel

Re: [Protux-devel] Undo

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Undo
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 18:03:28 +0200

> Now a question: Is it possible to implement BOTH engines? And then make
> some actions (such as cutting and pasting, moving, applying
> realtime-filters, and stuff) use the action/anti-action paradigm right,
> while others (the other kinds of filters, and stuff) which use the
> Memory Image approach. Is that viable? Is it reasonable to think like
> this?

Then these engines needs to coexist besides eachother, and if this is
possible, it makes it extremely hard to implement, not maintainable and
probably impossible to make it bug free :-(

I even don't know how to make 1 such engine, so 2 beside eachother.....

I've allready a hard time to implement the context/mode thing in Jmb which is
in some way much simpler then an undo engine so....

Nevertheless, I had this in mind also, not very long though ;-)

Remon