pingus-devel

Re: Bombers stop in the air if they detonate

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Bombers stop in the air if they detonate
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 19:06:31 +0200

On Sunday 06 October 2002 15:13, Gervase Lam wrote:

Patch applied.

> I suppose really the Update() methods for each Pingu Action should be
> split into two parts.  The first part is for moving the Pingu and the
> second part to do the rest of the stuff like changing the PinguAction or
> changing the sprite.
> This would enable things like Floaters and Bombers sharing common code.
> However, the two parts are so entangled with each other in the code, I
> don't know how this could be done.

I'm not sure wheter this would be the best approach. The change of the action
occurs if the movement code detects that the move would cause the Pingu to
die or get back to Walker. I don't see any way to deentangle those two parts
without duplicating the code that checks the conditions.

Bye David