pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Partially implemented pdf_fsys_disk_get_parent (FS #39)

From: Aleksander Morgado
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Partially implemented pdf_fsys_disk_get_parent (FS #39)
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 18:45:27 +0200

Hi Krishnan,

> I have implemented pdf_fsys_disk_get_parent function such that it will
> work on *nixes. I have
> also added some unit tests for the same. This patch needs to be worked
> on a little bit to
> make it work on Windows. I might not be able to spend time on this
> patch for another week
> or so. If anybody in this list is interested to continue the work, I
> will be happy to help you understand
> the code I have written. I am attaching the patch to this mail. Let me
> know if anyone is interested.

I see you based that patch on glib's canonicalize_filename(). Managed to
include the get_parent() functionality for the disk filesystem in the
"lp:~aleksander-m/gnupdf/fsys-api" branch I'm working on. I based that
implementation directly on glib's method instead of your patch, in order
to include some missing windows-related bits. Wrote some unit tests for
it and seems to work ok in my GNU system (didn't try with Windows yet).

I'll take ownership of FS#39 and try to finish the missing disk
filesystem bits.

Cheers!

--
Aleksander