pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] System 64-bit types

From: Juan Pedro Bolivar Puente
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] System 64-bit types
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 01:58:26 +0200

Well, to use preprocessor macros instead of functions would achieve
better performance..

Daniel (all, oppinions?), what do you think?

Both functions and macros are syntactically ugly and verbose, so I'd choose macros for performance.

Anyway, I'd still investigate under what circumstances there is no 64 bit basic type. I know that extreme portability is important in this library, but before writing ugly code with PDF_SET_INT64 alikes I'd try to see if it is worth the effort.

As of a library I know of its high portability, SDL implements it like this: http://svn.libsdl.org/branches/SDL-1.2/include/SDL_stdinc.h. I still don't know if Uint64 would work correctly if SDL_HAS_64BIT_TYPE is not defined...

JP