pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] New 64 bit type for the base layer

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] New 64 bit type for the base layer
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:28:16 +0100

   > architecture and API, specially the time management section.Since
   > there is a potential need for a 64 bit integer type for the pdf_time_t
   > and pdf_time_span_t  types defined in the time management section (to

   Byte offsets (and probably also stream sizes) can also be 64bit.

Right.

Since we can detect the availability of 64bit integers in compilation
time I would use the bignum implementation proposed by Daniel in the
pdf_time_t internals only if there are not true 64bit integers
available.

Regarding byte offsets and stream sizes I think that we should use the
bigger available true integer supported by the host: 32 or 64 bits.