parallel

Sending scripts to other machines with data

From: R. Tyler Croy
Subject: Sending scripts to other machines with data
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 13:14:40 -0800

I've recently fallen in love with Parallel as Ole already knows, I've hit a
roadblock while developing.

I am trying to take use of a few machines for processing data, with something
like this:

    % ls data.txt.* | parallel --sshloginfile ./computers --transfer --cleanup
process.sh

The problem in this example is that if I'm actively working on "process.sh" I
have to sync it to the other "worker" machines every time I do a new run.

Is there any way with Parallel to --transfer "workfiles" in addition to the
data I'm going to work on?

I hope this question is clear enough :-!

Cheers
- R. Tyler Croy
  GitHub: http://github.com/rtyler
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/agentdero