paperclips-discuss

Re: [Paperclips-discuss] Free Servlet Engine

From: Krystian Lewandowski
Subject: Re: [Paperclips-discuss] Free Servlet Engine
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 16:48:03 +0200

Uz.ytkownik Nic Ferrier napisa?:

Yes. I use paperclips to run several websites for clients.

And Paperclips is still under active development, it's just taking a
long time to get it where I want. I want to compile it with gcj and
there are quite a few dependancies that have to be fixed first.

But it's usable with Sun's java.

Nic

I'm so happy :D

Ok, short description...

I create some kind of 'module based content creating system' <http://jccs.citan.net - polish only> called jCCS (based on servlet api 2.3) - this is very alpha code.

Now, for ideological and conceited proud reasons ;) i want run this library on debian with only free packages set.

All the time I used Blackdown/SUNs java vm and compiler, but now i'll try kaffe and gcj? I don't know, is this possible?

What kind of library (licensig aspect) is servlet.jar - is in paperclips package, but i think is on SUNs (non GPL compatible license). All licensig dependencies makes me unhappy ;).

--
Pozdrowienia
:: Krystian Lewandowski