paperclips-discuss

Re: [Paperclips-discuss] First version using config files

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Paperclips-discuss] First version using config files
Date: 25 Feb 2002 21:49:21 +0000

"Kevin S. Clarke" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, 2002-02-22 at 09:03, address@hidden wrote:
>
> > Here's an example server.xml:
>
> Hi,
>
> I modified the example server.xml file so it just had a default host
> and received a NullPointerException because hostName in line 479 of
> paperclips.java was null.  If you tested hostName for null here and
> set it to "paperclips-root" if it was null it would/does run okay. I
> do not see otherwise where it would have been set to paperclips-root
> at this point.

It should be inferred by the XML parser because the DTD says this:

  <!ELEMENT host            (log?, mapping+)>
  <!ATTLIST host            name CDATA "paperclips-root">

The string at the end of the attribute definition is a default value
to be used when no value is supplied.

This is my understanding of the spec. Maybe I'm wrong.

However, I've checked in your suggested fix.

> Thanks for the config file option,

That's ok. Glad you're using it.

Nic