Re: [Paparazzi-devel] operation / flashing lisa/m

From: Piotr Esden-Tempski
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] operation / flashing lisa/m
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 14:05:21 -0700

As Felix mentioned using JTAG/SWD is the nicest solution. The way I do it is
having a JTAG cable connected to the header and hang out of the airframe for
quick programming. Then you don't have to mess around with power supply at all.
If you have to use USB programming. You could desolder the diode D3, then you
plug in USB and connect the power to your BEC second. This way the mcu will
detect the usb connector but you will not push power back into the BEC. The
third solution is add a reverse polarity protection circuit between your BEC
and Lisa/M. Either a diode that can handle the 200mA - 300mA depending on how
much you have connected to Lisa/M or similar.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Piotr