[Paparazzi-devel] On the state of the master, dev and 4.0_beta branches

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] On the state of the master, dev and 4.0_beta branches
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 15:31:12 +0100

Hi,

understandably there has been some confusion about the current state of master, dev and 4.0_beta.

So here is how I think it is supposed to be like (after we actually made a proper stable release):

At the moment we have a bit of an awkward situation:
So which branch to choose?
For those of you who are happy with master and don't depend on any fixes/features in dev, I would recommend to stay on master until the release.
Most people with at least a little bit of experience I would actually recommend to use and test the 4.0_beta branch as you will have to update your configuration at some point anyway and it would be really great to have a wider test base!