Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa M wiring layout

From: Piotr Esden-Tempski
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa M wiring layout
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:52:08 +0100

Hey guys,

I sadly don't have the time to fully go through the wiring diagram and check
everything, but I have one comment.

When you are using cheep motor controllers they have linear voltage regulators
as BEC. I observed that if you put those in parallel you may get balancing
problems. The easiest solution to that is to add a 1Ohm in line resistor on the
+5V lines of the motor controllers this is normally enough to balance the motor
controller outputs enough that you don't end up with one of the BEC provide
most of the current and getting hot and the rest staying completely cool. :)

Cheers Esden