[Paparazzi-devel] Gain values in airframe file.

From: Helge Walle
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Gain values in airframe file.
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 23:27:34 +0200

Hi,

After two flights in Auto1 with my Twinstar II, the plane is still intact and I am working on gain values. The plane corrects itself, but I am not sure if I have the right parameters in my airframe file. I have looked at several airframe files and read the wiki; it is apparent that I need to dig deeper into this.

I do not have a gyro, only IR sensors for vertical/horizontal orientation.

In my airframe file I have these lines:
<!-- auto airspeed and altitude inner loop -->
<define name="AUTO_AIRSPEED_SETPOINT" value="14." unit="m/s"/>
<define name="AUTO_AIRSPEED_PGAIN" value="0.060"/>
<define name="AUTO_AIRSPEED_IGAIN" value="0.050"/>
<define name="AUTO_GROUNDSPEED_SETPOINT" value="5" unit="m/s"/>
<define name="AUTO_GROUNDSPEED_PGAIN" value="0.75"/>
<define name="AUTO_GROUNDSPEED_IGAIN" value="0.25"/>

Several other airframe files do not have these. Are they important?

ROLL_PGAIN is not defined in my airframe file. However ROLL_ATTITUDE_GAIN and ROLL_RATE_GAIN are defined with values. According to the wiki, ROLL_RATE_GAIN should be used in connection with a gyro.

I would be grateful for any advice on choosing the right parameters for my airframe.

Thanks,
Helge.