Re: [Paparazzi-devel] gps and switching

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] gps and switching
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:55:50 GMT

This behavior is most witnessed with high power modems and video onboard.  We believe that the RF equipment sends some bad signals on powerup that cause the gps to set it's RF amplifier gain to some crazy value.

-- Max Rotunno <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear All,

I read somewhere on the paparazzi pages that there is sometimes a
problem with the GPS and that a reboot is necessary. In my past
experience we had problems with the switching power supplies generating
noise on the GPS either through the power supply to the GPS module or
through the antenna. Don't know if this helps.

Max