pan-users

[Pan-users] Request for help

From: Kit Jackson
Subject: [Pan-users] Request for help
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2019 18:52:27 +1300

Pan 0.141, Debian 9, XFCE 4.12

I don't know if this a feature request or a bug report or a general
request for help.

How do you stop Pen resizing its window when scrolling between messages?

I use the first layout on the preferences page.  Selecting a message
in the headers pane shows the message in the body pane OK but then the
whole Pan application window resizes itself to become wider.  It's not
helpful.  Often the application window is wider than the whole screen
and it's not instantaneous either.  Sometimes the window is resized a
second  or 2 after a message is selected so there's some process
running in the background that is examining the contents of the
messages and deciding the window needs resizing.  However I have never
found a message in either the header or body panes which would justify
a resize (and even if there was one I'd rather it didn't resize
automatically, I'll resize the window if I want it larger).  Having
resized itself the window can no longer be made narrower unless I
leave that newsgroup and go to another one.  Can Pan just leave things
alone until I decide I want a change.

I can't find anything in ~/.pan2/preferences.xml. Am I looking in the
wrong place or have I missed something?  All that's needed is a width
here that the user can set.

Thanks,
Kit Jackson