pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Unable to post to certain NG

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Unable to post to certain NG
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 08:09:04 +0000 (UTC)

Maurice posted on Sun, 30 Sep 2018 15:27:11 +0000 as excerpted:

> I'm finding that any postings I try to make to  the newsgroup:
>
>      gmane.linux.mageia.devel
>
> never appear there, although I can read postings from the same group.
>
> N.B. The last successful posting from me there was in 9/2017.
>
> Can anyone suggest an explanation,  please?

The first thing to remember is that any gmane.* group is actually a
mailing list, presented as a newsgroup via gmane.org's list2news
service.  That makes things a bit more complicated and changes the
troubleshooting methods.

What happens if you email the post directly to the mailing list address,
using the same from address as you would posting via gmane, but bypassing
gmane?

That's what I'd try first, to narrow down the range of possibilities, of
which there are otherwise too many to try to explain at this point.

The list posting address is /likely/ to be found in the headers of any
post to the group -- most lists add a number of list-* headers, including
list-post, the one of interest here.  Alternatively, that information
should be available on the Mageia site.