pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Auto-wrap wraps text at about 40 chars, when typing non

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Auto-wrap wraps text at about 40 chars, when typing non english text...!
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 02:59:01 -0700

Artur Jachacy posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:17:42 +0100:

> BTW, I'm composing this reply in Pan, and a long space appeared between
> the coma and "when" in the subject. Is that a Tab character or what?

Yes.  I selected the three letter sequence comma ?? w, and pasted it into
khexedit.  Sure enough, the middle char comes up as 0x09, the hexdecimal
ASCII code for TAB.

.. Learned that technique some versions ago, when PAN was having i18n/l10n
trouble and I was investigating some strange header weirdness.  At times,
one may need to save the raw text (or dig it out of the cache) to get the
"uncooked" version, when PAN is making charcoal out of what was supposed
to be "lightly browned".  <g>

Benjamin Franklin