pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: prevent Pan from fetching active list

From: Brian Sammon
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: prevent Pan from fetching active list
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 02:58:45 -0500

> I was JUST going to mention putting it in a .newsrc, and then importing
> THAT into PAN.  Then I see you already mentioned the .newsrc part, but
> apparently weren't aware of the import possibility.
>
> Well, you are now!  =:^)  Say no, you don't want to d/l, to get rid of the
> dialog, then go to Tools/News Servers,  In the resulting dialog, either
> create a new server or open one that's there, and find the .newsrc option
> at the bottom of the resulting news server config dialog.  There's even a
> place to specify file name and a browse button, so you can use multiple
> .newsrcs, one for each of multiple servers!

Ahh... I noticed that option a while back, and was confused by it.
In regards to interface, I think I'd prefer it if there was a button or
something saying "Import group list from file".
What is a little unclear about that system is knowing whether when you check
that box, it's going to choose to have the .newsrc override the data from
~/.knews or vice-versa.

Anyways, I suppose I can live with that for now.
Now what pan needs added next is "LIST ACTIVE" support, so it can find groups
that are not in the local list, but are on the server.
Maybe I'll have to do that.