nufw-users

RE: [Nufw-users] How to get the right certificate when usingnutcpc to co

From: Nguyen Anh Dung
Subject: RE: [Nufw-users] How to get the right certificate when usingnutcpc to connect to NuFW
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 06:57:03 +0700

Hi Eric Leblond,
Thanks for your response, I did test it for 2 hours and got nothing :(
I tried to do another way: As in the guideline
        openssl  req  -new  -x509  -keyout  private/CAkey.pem  -out
private/CAcert.pem
        You have to set a strong password here and keep it secret.

        Generating nufw and nuauth private keys:
        openssl  genrsa  -out  private/nufw-key.pem
        openssl  genrsa  -out  private/nuauth-key.pem
        Generating Certificate Signing Requests for both nufw and nuauth keys:
        openssl  req  -new  -key  private/nufw-key.pem  -out  nufw.csr
        openssl  req  -new  -key  private/nuauth-key.pem  -out  nuauth.csr

        Having our keys signed by the certificate authority we created:
        openssl  x509  -req  -days  365  -in  nufw.csr  -CA
private/CAcert.pem  \
        -CAkey  private/CAkey.pem  -CAcreateserial  -out  nufw-cert.pem
        openssl  x509  -req  -days  365  -in  nuauth.csr  -CA
private/CAcert.pem  \
        -CAkey  private/CAkey.pem  -CAcreateserial  -out  nuauth-cert.pem

        Copy the files where needed:
      For nufw:
        cp  private/nufw-key.pem  /etc/nufw/
        cp  nufw-cert.pem  /etc/nufw/
        For nuauth:
        cp  private/nuauth-key.pem  /etc/nufw/
        cp  nuauth-cert.pem  /etc/nufw/

I created the certificate authority (CAcert.pem) and I copid it to
/etc/nufw/NuFW-cacert.pem.
Then I tried nutcpc again
nutcpc -N -d -C /etc/nufw/nufw-cert.pem -A /etc/nufw/NuFW-cacert.pem -K
/etc/nufw/nufw-key.pem -H right
There are errors:

In client side:
Connecting to NuFW gateway (right)
Server Certificate OK
TLS session lost, check your certificate validity.
Unable to initate connection to NuFW gateway
Problem: Error in the certificate.
Authentication failed (check parameters)

In server side:
Unable to setup connect
** Message: Authentication error: SASL error: authentication process interupted.
** Message: Authentication error: user: (null) from 127.0.0.1 port (4819),
protocol version 4

Thank you so much.
Dzung Nguyen.